Monday, May 20, 2013

20 Weeks and 6 Days

It's really unreal how time flies when you have children. People tell you, but you can't really grasp what they are saying until you are in their shoes. Since the last time I have written, I was blessed with the opportunity to attend my sister M's birth of her baby girl. It was a whirlwind of a trip. Literally drove to the airport after her water broke and got on a flight to Dallas. I made it in time, and let me tell you it was the most beautiful thing I have ever been a part of. It's her story to tell, but I will tell you that it really affirmed a calling of working in the field that I've been ignoring for quite some time.

This was my first time away for Kennedy for a whole 72 hours! It doesn't sound like much, but I was excited to get home to this little pumpkin.

 
Okay this is super old, from November I think but I need to upload pics in a bad way!

While I was away, I also felt the little one from the outside for the first time. I have been nervous with the little movement I've been feeling, but keep reminding myself that I'm not lying around on the couch as much as I did last time.


How far along? 20 weeks 6 days



Weight gain/loss: Oh dear God, I am afraid of the scale. I was up 27 at my last appointment, but then was down 5 so we will see next week!

Maternity clothes? Yep. They are just so comfortable!

Stretch marks? Not anymore than I already had

Sleep? Insomnia and a crazy toddler have been visiting me at night. I also have a ton of bad dreams! One from two nights ago was about the baby, and it was a little girl we had named Jude?? Weird.

Food cravings: Nothing really. Honestly, I've been craving a beer in a bad way!

Movement? Movement has really picked up in the last few days, and I felt my first outside kick in Texas at 19w6d I believe

Gender: We're those people that don't find out, but we do have our anatomy scan next Tuesday (late because I had to reschedule while I was in TX) if baby wants us to know i suppose they will show us!

Belly button in or out? Still in and it never popped last time

What I miss? Having my body to myself. I'm going through some issues with having been pregnant and then breastfeeding until I was yet again pregnant again. I love every second of it, but at the same time I can't help but want it to be all mine again.

What I'm looking forward to: The constant movement that is coming up. I also love when you can lie down and watch your belly move.

No comments:

Post a Comment