Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Doula Decision

Ohmygoodness I am SO excited that Nate agreed to us hiring on the doula that I was hoping for. We had the interview last week and on the way, tears were shed. He is very black and white, my husband, and doesn't quite understand the whole VBAC thing and why it it important to me. Hmmm. Maybe that should be my next post? He's starting to catch on, and OUR doula was able to help him see things even a little more clearer.

So now we wait until around 32 weeks and will have our first prenatal appointment where she will come out to our home and we will go over some hypnobabies things and I've also asked her to help assist me in some nutrition/exercise as well. Now that it is nice out, I am definitely getting out more and doing a lot of walking so hopefully that will help as well!

I really feel so much more confident now that she is hired. We are still not 100% on the OB situation and have an appointment this coming Tuesday at the old one still, which happens to be our anatomy scan. I'm so excited to see this little one! I am starting to feel a few pokes here and there, but nothing like how I did with Kennedy. Maybe it's because I don't get to lay around all day with a laptop on my belly and play on The Bump.

So here we sit at 19 weeks and a few days....

 
 
 
Somehow, the 8.5 oz doesn't add up to the 20 lbs I've put on...
 

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm glad you and Nate are coming somewhat closer together in your views. CANNOT believe how far along you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is INSANE how fast it is going! I keep thinking I will probably be 38 weeks before I start planning.

      Delete
  2. Exciting! I am glad Nate is coming around, can't wait to see a picture of your baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm hoping for a busy baby so some extra caffeine is in order for Tuesday!

      Delete